[RECIPE] Gluten Free Bagel


The one thing that I missed the most about a normal diet is having a bagel for breakfast. Whether it is slicing some avocado with a semi-cooked egg or with smoked salmon, bagels is my necessity. I'd always remember those college years where I would order a blueberry bagel with cream cheese to get through my afternoon studies at the library. 

As a baker, I've come to the understanding that gluten-free recipes will never get as close to as a normal recipe. But being a scientist at heart and a chemist at soul, I've gone down the path of different permutation and combinations, iterative testings and finally, a recipe that I can feel proud to present. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. A gluten free diet does not mean needing to give up on a good wholesome bagel!

Ingredient 

420g Rice Flour (If you have tapioca flour, feel free to switch out 20g of it) 
50g Quinoa Flour    
20g Soy Flour 
2 tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons (9 g) kosher salt
1 cup + 1 tablespoon (8 1/2 fluid ounces) warm water (about 95°F)
6 tablespoons (84 g) olive oil 

Egg wash
2 teaspoons (6 g) instant yeast
Seeds, for sprinkling (optional)

0 comments: