5 Tips: Packing for Croatia Weather (Late Summer/Early Autumn)


Packing as a minimalist. Less is More. It is hardly impossible to walk in style, roaming from airport gates to gates, if you have a bulky, overweight luggage and several carry-ons. Not to mention that you become highly visible as a target-to-be for pickpockets.

So how do you pack for a 14 day trip, for a weather that hovers between 15C to 27C?
Here's my 5 tips:

Rule 1:  5 : 4 : 2 : 1 Ratio 
5 Tops, 4 bottoms, 2 pairs of shoes, and 1 dress. You will be surprised by the permutations you can get from it. You might ask, how do I pick so that they match through out?

Rule 2: 80% basic  and 20% primary color 
So what I usually do is let the majority of the color choices "match", i.e. sticking with blue, white, grey these kind of basic colors. You can easily build variety with that 20% of clothing in pocka dots, stripes, floral prints and splash of colors.

Rule 3: Make use of hats, scarfs and accessories 
You can create variations through color and style, and an added bonus, to dress up or down for the weather!

Rule 4: Trench coat classic 
Bring at least a trench coat or slim leather coat, or a cardigan so you can layer one when the weather drops.

Rule 5: Fit for the occasion
If you know you will be spending most of your time hiking or at the beach, don't bring expensive cocktail dresses or high heels. They take up space, and you know you won't be wearing them.

So here's my share of how to pack for my upcoming trip in Croatia.
I stuck with nude neutrals as my staples of outfit, and then I can add variations with my scarf, necklace and accessories.


0 comments: